RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
Commitment unlocks the doors of imaginations, allows vision, and gives us the right stuff to turn our dreams into reality.
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
Our team of scientists and research engineers provides
unique solutions and in-depth system knowledge using self-implemented and
ready-made software packages to provide a wide-range of power systems studies
and research services with different capabilities ranging from planning to
harmonic studies. Our research and development projects cover the following
- Power systems and distribution systems planning studies
- Interconnection studies
- Unit commitment and generation scheduling
- Economic dispatch
- Protection Coordination studies
- Substation control system
- Load flow and short-circuit studies
- Transient and dynamic stability studies
- Electromagnetic transient simulations
- Insulation coordination studies
- Distribution network operation studies
- Loss reduction studies
- Distributed generation studies
- Capacitor placement in distribution systems
- Energy audit
- Load management
- Harmonic and power quality studies
- Power factor improvement
- Load shedding schemes
- Other Studies
- System reliability studies.
Sample of Research Projects:
Jawda research and development team has achieved the following projects
• A simulated annealing algorithm for fuzzy unit commitment problem,
KFUPM, KSA, 2002.
• Evaluation and Analysis of electric interference problem with buried
pipelines in Saudi Arabia”, KSA, 2003.
• Optimal Planning of transmission systems”, KACST, KSA, 2004.
• AIR Condition load modeling in Saudi Arabia”, SAPIC, KSA, 2004.
• Improving the lighting performance and protection of electric power
transmission lines in Saudi Arabia’, KACST, KSA, 2005.
• The impact of wind turbine & photovoltaic systems on electrical grids.
• Power quality investigation to the impact of the newly emerged custom
power technology in industrial plants, KSA, 2000.
• In situ detection of SF6 leaks in power systems using lasers, 2000.
• Practical testing and evaluation of high voltage cable insulation materials manufactured in Saudi Arabia, 2002.
• Evaluation and analysis of the electromagnetic interference problem
with buried pipelines in Saudi Arabia, 2002.
• Lightning Monitoring and construction of ground fl ash density Maps in
the kingdom of Saudi Arabia KACST, 2004.
• Investigation of thermal stresses and electrical degradation in cable
joints and termination used in distribution systems KACST, 2007.
• Heat Eff ects investigation in distribution transformers used in critical industrial processes KACST, 2009
• Grounding and bonding procedures and requirements in distribution network Saudi electric co., 2005.
• Inrush cold current in distribution network Saudi electric co., 2005.
• Condition diagnostic of GIS, cable terminations and transformers using online condition diagnostic instruments Saudi Electric Co, 2005.
• Harmonics identifi cation and measurements of Kuwait Distribution system
one year project 1994-1995
• Design of the electrical distribution system for the new development area in
the south valley” academy of scientifi c research, ministry of higher education,
• Design of an optimal electrical distribution system of sienna’’, scientifi c research academy, 2000.
• Voltage security assessment of Qatar network: the voltage stability 2005-
• Pollution fl ashover of H.V insulators, ministry of electricity Egypt, 1981.
• Pollution Flashover of H.V. insulators, 1982-1984 and 1987-1989.
• Coordination and failure assessment of insulation in Egypt’s EHV Electric
power system, 1980.
• Insulation Level determination for transmission and distribution networks
under diff erent environmental conditions in Sinai, notional academy of science
and technology, Egypt, 1998-2002.